Boot Camp Partition not Showing in Disk Utility or Winclone

I want to backup my BootCamp Parititon.
Running IMAC High Sierra.
Bootcamp is running with Windows 10
Everything works great in Windows 10.
Installed Winclone Basic
I don’t see the bootcamp partition in disk utility or winclone standard.
Any suggestions.

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem. I have a working boot camp / windows installation. Saving an image works fine. But the backup dialog does not pickup that partition. What to do?

Screenshot: Disk Utility showing Boot camp partition
Screenshot: Winclone main window with successfully saved image

Cheers

Thanks for the your input. I see no evidence of my bootcamp partition. I can’t make an image. ![41 PM|634x500]

Here is what I get when I run diskutil list from Terminal

/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *1.0 TB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Macintosh HD 902.0 GB disk0s2
3: Apple_Boot Recovery HD 650.0 MB disk0s3
4: Microsoft Basic Data 97.3 GB disk0s4

/dev/disk1 (external, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *5.0 TB disk1
1: EFI EFI 314.6 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS Time Machine 3.2 TB disk1s2
3: Apple_HFS Drag Drop 1.8 TB disk1s3(upload://ggr5E542N9KerTM5HPgBw1UkEUT.png)

This issue is resolved in the next minor update. We will be posting a beta in the next couple of days:

https://twocanoes.com/products/mac/winclone/winclone-beta/

tim

19 days later, there’s no beta nor minor update with this fix?

Here is the link to the beta with fixes.

I still can’t see the windows 10 (NTFS) partition with the latest 6.1.9(17572). Is there anything I can do?

High Sierra with Win 10 64bit partition.

To be clear, this is when you are doing a backup with the menu item, not with cloning? Does it show up in Disk Utility?

tim

This is doing a backup. Neither disk utility nor Winclone can see the windows partition. I can boot into windows 10 by holding alt(option) at startup.

Windows 10 is NTFS.

OK, that makes more sense. If Disk Utility isn’t showing it, then Winclone definitely won’t see it. Does it show as greyed out in Disk Utility? If so, can you select it and press the mount button?

tim

There is a System Reserved partition in disk Utility. Windows seems to be inside that partition but Winclone doesn’t recognize it.

I plan to upgraded to a larger hd. I plan to fresh install High Sierra, than create a boot camp partition. Since Winclone can’t backup my current windows setup, is it possible for me to back using windows image backup and use Winclone to restore once I have boot camp partition created?

Unsure. Usually the system reserved partition is created if you didn’t use Boot Camp Assistant when first installing Windows on your Mac.

tim