Boot Runner CLI

With all the changes to SIP and APFS I would like to invest in getting Boot Runner setup correctly and securely then be able to call it “on demand” (e.g. from ARD) to make OS switches. Is there a way to interact with Boot Runner from the command line?
Sorely missing “bless --nextonly”…

Boot Runner uses the bless command as well, which is why SIP needs to be partially disabled for it to work.

There are no current command line options, but you can set the options by installing a profile from https://profile.twocanoes.com. You can also consider using TCM, which has this built in:

tim

Thanks for the response! I actually was just able to get it working. I don’t know why it works the way it does (maybe you can explain)… but with bless --legacy I used to target the Windows partition (for us, disk0s4) like so:
bless --device /dev/disk0s4 --setBoot --legacy --nextonly

But that hasn’t been working - not sure if the issue was the switch to Windows 10 and EFI-based booting, or the upgrade to Sierra with the new protections (or both). But now I can accomplish the same thing by blessing the EFI partition
bless --device /dev/disk0s1 --setBoot --nextonly

Odd that this works while blessing the Windows partition, or mount, or directory, or even bootmgr.efi all fail (reboots to macOS, no error messages).