Bootcamp image file - external SSD!

strong textHi
I have create an image file of my bootcamp Windows 10, my bootcamp drive is 150GB and about 35 GB free, Winclone file show 115GB in Winclone, but only show 23GB on my SSD drive where I have saved the Winclone image.

Is there anyone who can tell me how there can be such a big difference, dare not to restore my Bootcamp before I know it’s ok.

I am using High Sierra 10.13.3 and WinClone 6.20 Standard !
Is it possible to run windows 10 with BootCamp on an external SSD disk at a satisfactory rate. Shall youse it for gaming.

For the first issue, I recommend restoring to a disk image and do a visual verification that all files are there. That should give you some confidence in the backup.

For the second issue, it really depends on the interface and the drive. I have use the Samsung USB-C T3 with good performance.

tim

Hello again
Now I have purchased a Samsung T5 SSD that is connected to USB C Gen 2, I have made an image file of my Bootcamp and restored it to my SSD that is formatted MS-DOS FAT 32. It can not boot from my SSD I’ve tried everything.

Have tried this: Roberto Jorge on Youtube !
link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SxA_OsPEgk&t=1043s.

It comes up with what you se in the pictures, have tried the image file on the internal SSD that works perfectly!
I have spent a lot of hours installing windows, etc.

I’m using iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), 4.2GHz Intel Core i7, 40GB 2400 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580 8GB and MacOS High Sierra 10.13.3

BootCamp - Windows 10 Pro

Why does not it show a Clean Windows partion during boot with the option key held down, but only EFi boot?
Hope you can help me, it’s a bit awkward to buy an expensive SSD and can not make it work.

Best Regards
Asger

You may want to try this:

tim

Hi
Thank’s for your e-mail.
I got my bootcamp to work with the external SSD , I wrote Regedit in the search box and then into HardWarConfig and then into BootDriveFlags and pressed enter and then change 0 to 14. Very easy. Got into Windows from SSD in Safe Mode by F8 se picture !

Excellent! Thanks for posting the results!

tim