Confused about boot camp

The main page of twocanoes says this:

Winclone 6 is the most complete solution for protecting your Boot Camp Windows system against data loss. Winclone is the most reliable cloning solution when migrating Boot Camp to a new Mac.

A month or so ago, I was told that Winclone could not be used to save the Windows partition under Boot Camp and then restore after re-installing Windows. The sentence above appears to indicate otherwise.

I have a Mac where the OS X partition has been destroyed (twice, by Apple bugs), but my Windows partition is fine. I’m looking for a way to save my Windows partition then restore it after re-formatting my drive and installing Boot Camp, without having to re-install all my (many) Windows applications.

Is there a solution for this?

Thanks!

Dave

I think Winclone will do what you want. Here is a video I did of the process:

Basically, you create a clone in macOS, then restore it if something goes wrong. Windows, all the apps and settings are then restored.

tim

Ah, and that’s the problem. Apple s/w bugs have twice wiped out the Apple partition (one time after downloading the Sierra upgrade and a second time installing the Windows drivers). So I have no OSX to run Winclone on.

I believe this is what you told me a previous time, but ah…, I guess I’m dense!

Thanks for the reply!