License Activation issue

When I attempt to activate my license with version 7.1.1, I get “Invalid License key.” In 7.3 I get “The license key could not be used to activate Winclone. Please verify network connectivity and that you have not exceeded your total number of activations.”

This computer crashed and had to be completely reinstalled by Apple.

-Brad

Same exact issue… after installing Mojave and the new winclone ver 7, the activation posts same exact error. Get this resolved… your software is unusable at this state!

Michael,

It looks like you have Winclone 6, not 7. You need a Winclone 7 license key to work with Winclone 7.

tim

Brad,

Did you purchase WInclone 7? You need a winclone 7 license key with Winclone 7.

tim

So in other words, you guys are dropping support for Winclone 6 when it comes to newere OSX’s?

I mean look, I bought your software with expectation that it would have compatability support throughout the osx upgrade cycle? If that’s not the case I’ll get another one but from a competitor.

Am I stuck with a non working license down the road? Make it clear to me

Thx

In my profile, I show both a version 6 and version 7 license. I am trying to use the version 7 license.

Brad

The current version of Winclone supports the current version of the macOS and the prior version. If there is a macOS upgrade, the current version of Winclone will support that as well. This usually translates to 3 versions. So for example, Winclone 7 supports 10.14, 10.13 and 10.12. Winclone 6 supported 10.13, 10.12, and 10.11. We QA across the different Macs hardware types and the OS versions and it is a very intensive process.

Apple has introduced SIP, Secure Boot, Core Storage, APFS, Fusion drives and more than affect Boot Camp. The latest version of Winclone means it is fully tested on the current versions. We also give 50% off for upgrades (you can buy via https://profile.twocanoes.com). Be aware that we dropped Winclone Basic, so if you purchased Winclone 6 Basic, you would have to purchase Winclone 7 Standard at 50%, which is about $20.

We have also given free upgrades to people who purchased in the last 3 months prior to a major version upgrade.

Hope that helps explain our philosophy. We are trying to strike a fair balance.

tim

Brad,

Please try again. I just increased the number of activations.

tim

I have a similar issue… I have (had) 7.3 and it would error out on Check for Updates continually. So I downloaded Winclone7 again, used the uninstaller to remove 7.3, then installed 7.3.2. Now it gives me “The license key could not be used to activate Winclone. Please verify network connectivity and that you have not exceeded your total number of activations.” I have one Winclone7 product, which is all I need… what now?

Thank you,
DJ

Did you get this resolved? Send a message here: https://twocanoes.com/order-assistance-and-feedback/ for upped activations.

tim

I downloaded and installed WC 7.1.2, activated account. However, I cannot “Create image from volume” because of the following ‘error’:

“The license key could not be used to activate Winclone. Please verify network connectivity and that you have not exceeded your total number of activations.”

I =have= a WC 7 key, a portion of which is shown below from my profile:

39%20AM – same issue with showing a partial screen capture.

NOTE: I have WC Standard keys for WC 4, 5, 6, and 7

Guidance / advice would be appreciated.
Thanks!

It looks like your license key has never activated. This is usually due to a network issue. See that article for more info:

tim

Hi,

This article is useless. I do have network connectivity and deactivated Winclone 7 in my previous Mac and still have the same error.

please send a request to support@twocanoes.com and I can look up your license info.

tim

Hey I am facing the exact same problem. I just sent the request, so please help me out