Unable to Boot into Windows 10 on External Thunderbolt 2 Drive

Hi,
I’ve installed Boot Runner 3 and disabled SIP.
My Bootcamp (i.e. ‘BOOTCAMP’/ disk3s2, Windows 10) partition shows up as an option, but when I select it the system reboots and goes back to the Boot Runner screen. If I use the standard Mac OS boot/ alt option I can restart into Windows. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong…

My Bootcamp partition is installed on an external Thunderbolt 2 SSD connected to a late 2012 27" iMac. My Bootcamp partition was restored from a Winclone 6 image so it does not show up in the System Preferences > Startup Disk options.

I tried setting the force boot type as Legacy from the profile configurator (if I recall correctly, I set the drive to Legacy Boot (Winclone > Tools) to get the external drive to boot properly.

Also, would you be able to give me an example how to format/ i.e. a written example of how to format the VolumeDescriptions in the Configuration Profile Keys? (I don’t need any of the virtual machine settings).

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

After reading through a few more threads I ran the blessed the volume using the command and it worked.

[sudo bless /usr/sbin/bless -device /dev/disk3s2 -setBoot -nextonly]

1 Like

Still hoping for the answer to the second half of my post. Specifically an example for how to format the profile for multiple volumes. Cheers.

“Also, would you be able to give me an example how to format/ i.e. a written example of how to format the VolumeDescriptions in the Configuration Profile Keys? (I don’t need any of the virtual machine settings).”

You shouldn’t have to create any of the keys manually. Just create an account on https://profile.twocanoes.com and create a boot runner profile there. All the settings are there.

tim