WIM-based restore device to device failed integrity check

Hello first time using Winclone 6. I get an error while cloning disk to disk. It says WIM-based restore device to device failed integrity check. Please check disk and try again, try block-based cloning, or save image then restore. So I tried it with save image but it didn’t worked at all because I can not boot windows. I am very frustrated because I payed a lot of money for this program to safe time but instead it took me like a day to get to the point.

Sorry you are having issues. Normally there are no issues, but there seems to be file or disk errors on your Windows partition.

As for booting Windows, what errors are you seeing?

tim

Windows said that this is an inaccassible boot device1

Hi Tim,

I have the same error … on my mac. I tried to clone Bootcamp partition on a Samsung Portable T5 ssd. I format it in Fat32 with a Partition Map: GUID
No error before I start the process with Winclone 6 and after 2 hours of work I received this message:
“WIM-based restore device to device failed integrity check. Please check disk and try again, try block-based cloning, or save image then restore.”

I would highly appreciate your help,
Thanks,

Brice

MacOs High Sierra
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013)
2,3 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

WIM based images are file based, and can run into issues when a file has corrupted or unexpected attributes. You can try switching to block based mode in Preferences and create a new image. Then restore that new image and see if it works.

tim