Windows 10 restore failed, reboots repeatedly with 0xc0000001

• Macbook Pro 11,3 (15" Mid 2014 Retina)
  • Running 10.14 Mojave
  • 1 TB internal SSD
  • Winclone 7.1.1
  • Windows 10 Boot Camp Partition

I originally had a 350-650 (Mac-Windows) split and wanted to change this to an even 500-500 split.

Followed these steps:

1. Clicked ‘Create Image from Volume’ and selected the 650GB ‘BOOTCAMP’ partition
  2. Let it create the image, which ended up being ~150GB based on 230GB of used space on the partition
  3. Opened Disk Utility and clicked “Partition”, with “APPLE SSD SM1024F Media” selected
  4. Deleted the BOOTCAMP partition, clicked Apply
  5. Clicked “Partition” again, then added a 500GB MS-DOS (FAT) formatted partition
  6. Clicked “Restore Image” in Winclone, chose the image created in step 2 and then the new FAT partition
  7. Receive a warning that the image is ~1370GB (!?!?!) whilst the volume is only 500GB, clicked Continue
  8. Restore successful confirmation
  9. Attempt restart, get blue screen and 0xc0000001 error repeatedly

I didn’t get any prompts to do with SIP or any INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE errors / black screen on start up, the computer just restarts a few times (windows logo + spinner) then goes straight to a blue screen stating:

"Your PC couldn’t start properly

After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired.

Error code: 0xc0000001

You’ll need to use recovery tools."

Please help!

Can you check and verify (in disk utility) that it the drive was formatted as GUID Partition Table? It might help to run sysprep as well. I just posted in article on how to do that with a VM:

tim