Yet another INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

No matter what I do, the computer still gets me to a blue screen after about 10 or 15 seconds, which is not enough time to type in the command.

The new blue screen reads, in part:

Stop code: CLOCK WATCHDOG TIMEOUT

and then the computer restarts with the same old

Stop code: INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

This sounds like the version of Windows is not supported on this hardware. What version of Windows and what Mac hardware?

tim

Windows 10, and we’ve tried it on both a 2017 MacBook Pro and a 2018 MacBook Pro. We were able to install windows successfully from scratch using the ISO and Bootcamp on each machine.

Mitchell Smith
Caldera Consulting, Inc.
msmith@calderaconsulting.net
949.768.8900 Ext. 11

When you install Windows from the ISO and Boot Camp, it creates a WINPEDRIVER folder that Windows uses to load the drivers during first boot, and those drivers are used when windows is installed as well. When migrating from a different machine, those drivers don’t exist and the new Macs can’t boot without the SSD drivers. If you created an image an image of the install on the new machine, it would have the drivers and you would be able to restore that image to the newer machines. When migrating an image to a newer machine, the drivers need to be injected to the image or to the install after it has been booted.

Does that help?

tim

How would that help?

I can’t boot into Windows 10 to copy the drivers because the drivers aren’t there, hence Windows 10 won’t boot.

I can’t boot from the Windows ISO on the flash drive because the computer restarts within 15 seconds.

I can’t copy the WindowsPEDriver folder to the BOOTCAMP partition from macOS.

What am I missing here?

Mitchell Smith
Caldera Consulting, Inc.
msmith@calderaconsulting.net
949.768.8900 Ext. 11

We purchased Winclone 7 to migrate existing Windows installations from one Mac to another. If we were starting from scratch, we wouldn’t need to inject the drivers into the Windows ISO, as we would just use Bootcamp and it would install the drivers for us.

We have now wasted many, many hours troubleshooting Winclone 7’s inability to migrate our image from one Mac to another, and as we invoice by the hour, this has now cost many hundreds of dollars in lost revenue.

We really resent troubleshooting your software for free. We won’t be recommending Winclone to our clients in the future.

We have requested a refund before. Are you refusing?

1 Like

If you would like a refund, please submit a request here:

Winclone 7 is a consumer product and we offer forum support. If you would like phone and individualized support, we offer Winclone 7 Pro and Enterprise. Sorry that wasn’t clear from the start.

tim

Thanks for your solution, although the command: „dism /Image:D:\ /Add-Driver /driver:c:$WinPEDriver$ /recurse“ did not work, as far as I remember there was space missing or too much somewhere.
Now it works. Thank you.

1 Like

I’m sorry, I don’t see the relevance. I have no evidence that Winclone 7 actually works, and it hasn’t worked on three different computers, and five attempts. I’d say that’s pretty definitive, and that’s the reason we won’t be recommending it to our clients.

Are you suggesting that Winclone 7 Pro or Enterprise would work, or simply that they offer phone support? I don’t see that the support you’re providing is the issue; that the software doesn’t work is the issue.

1 Like

I been trying to figure this out for days. All I wanted was a software to transfer my Windows partition into another ssd. Sadly it has not been the case. There is a serious problem with this software. And all the information is scattered all over the place.

All I get is inaccessible boot. I’ve been getting ‘Error 2’ when I type the ‘WinPEDriver’ command line on cmd. Can someone please help me for God sake.

I have followed the instructions to the letter and have gotten as far as opening a cmd window after booting from the flash drive. When I enter the dism… command, I get an error 87.

The /Image option that is specified points to a running Windows installation…

What am I doing wrong?

Hi

I don’t know if it is related but when I upgraded my 2015 Mac Book Pro Ihad a similar issue … it was some time ago and I don’t recall the finer points, but I wrote about my experience here: 2015 MacBook Pro SSD Upgrade - Runing BootCamp and Windows 10 - IT WORKS - See Last Post!

Good luck