Migrate windows 10

I cannot figure out how to get my windows 10 installation migrated into boot camp. The screens I see in your tutorial do it match the program. Please help.

We are currently updating all the screen shots to Winclone 7. Can you explain a bit more about what you mean by “windows 10 installation migrated into boot camp”. Where was it before?

tim

I am trying to install an existing windows 10 installation to boot camp.
I have taken the following steps.

1. I tried running sysprep on the windows system, but it failed.

2. Nonetheless I attached the drive containing the windows 10 system to my mac. 2 partitions appeared one of which was system reserved and the other continued the entire drive c of the windows system.

3. I installed a fresh version of windows 10 in the bootcamp partition using boot camp assist.

4. I ran winclone 7.

5. I attempted to create an image of the drive c partition of the windows drive, with the hope I could use winclone to install it in the boot camp partition.

6. winclone failed.

That is where I am. I don’t know if I can create an image of the windows 10 partitions, or if I should just try to create an image of the drive c partition. In any event I don’t seem to be able to create an image of the drive c partition, so I am stuck.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Ken Cohen

Ken Cohen

ken@kencohen.com
239-594-7297

216-831-1352

The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the

use of the addressee only…

Can you get the log from Winclone and send it to support@twocanoes.com? We do support migrating from a PC, so it should have worked. Here is how to get the log:

log show --style syslog --predicate 'process contains[cd] "winclone"' --info --last 2d

(you can adjust the argument of “2d” from 2 days to other time periods that you want the log, like “10m” for the last 10 minutes or 3h for the last 3 hours).

tim

I have the log, but it is too big for your system. I will attach to a regular email.

Here is the log. Your system would not take it because it was too big. And replying to your last email did not work. I hope this does.

Ken

Today: Here is a new log. I removed the files that were apparently causing the error yesterday. Still having trouble. Here is today’s log: I noticed that winclone when it start up, unmounts the disk containing windows. Is that normal?

The log does not look like it is coming through. Please compress it and email it to support@twocanoes.com

tim

Hi,

Sorry it did not work.  We are out of town until July 15.  Can we pick this up around then?

Ken

Ken Cohen

ken@kencohen.com
239-594-7297

216-831-1352

The enclosed information is STRICTLY CONFIDENTIAL and is intended for the

use of the addressee only…