Winclone 6 Beta

We just released a new Winclone Beta. It will work with your current license key. To download and find out more:
https://twocanoes.com/products/mac/winclone/winclone-beta/

Our latest Winclone Beta 6.1.7 addresses the following:

1. Boot Camp not detected if Windows folder was in uppercase
  2. Added additional models for EFI boot detection
  3. Fixed issue with partition type if partition was not in the first 4

As always, your current license key will work. Download and keep up with our Winclone Beta releases.

Our latest Winclone Beta 6.1.8 fixes an issue with Winclone Pro force efi / legacy option.

As always, your current license key will work. Download and keep up with our Winclone Beta releases.

I’m having trouble migrating a Windows 10 partition from an iMac 14,2 to an iMac 18,3. After doing a sysprep and cloning the image onto the new machine, it hangs on a black screen at boot (no image, nothing further).

Back in Winclone, I tried “Make EFI Bootable” and “Make Legacy Bootable,” and both of them just hung.

In 6.1.8, those two options are simply gone, which I suppose is one way to fix them.

Any suggestions?

The Make EFI bootable and Make Legacy boot are still there, though not sure why they are not showing up on your system. Make sure you are holding option key when selecting the Tools menu (and the partition is selected).

The black screen is usually an indication that it is trying legacy booting, which is not supported on the new iMacs. Try resetting the NVRAM and see if that resolves the issue.

tim

Thanks. I gave it another try and “Make EFI bootable” did show up, but it still just hangs at “Copying EFI Boot Files.” I came back to it after an hour and it hadn’t finished so something seems amiss there. The cancel button worked though.

Anything I can try to get that to work?

Please send me the logs from the help menu.

tim

Our latest Winclone Beta is 6.1.9. This beta:

Fixed issue with Winclone Menu / Winclone Backup not recognizing pure Windows 10 install.

Your Winclone 6 current license key will work with all our Winclone 6 betas. Download Winclone Beta 6.1.9 and keep abreast of our Winclone Beta releases.

Winclone 6.1.9 is now our current version. Update in app.

We are out with a new Winclone Beta. The current version is 6.1.9; the new beta is Winclone 6.2 Beta.

New in Winclone 6.2 Beta:

1. rearranged prefs window a bit
  2. applied sound pref to all success sounds and added in completed dialog
  3. added in sleep for cli after unmounting

Try Winclone 6.2 Beta. As always, your current Winclone 6 license key will work with all our Winclone 6 Betas.

We released Winclone 6.2 today! Please update in the app.

New Winclone Beta today: Winclone 6.2.1. (The current version is Winclone 6.2.)

New in Winclone 6.2.1 Beta:

1. Fixed issue with Winclone Backup constantly reporting issue with backup location is not found.
  2. Added verify operation with WIM-based clone creation.
  3. Updated opensource tools to resolve issue when creating WIM images from Windows that have large, uncompressible data.

Try Winclone 6.2.1 Beta. As always, your current Winclone 6 license key will work with all our Winclone 6 Betas.

Winclone 6.2.2 Beta is out today. We added in a fix for the progress bar not showing up for some users. The updated progress bar also has a tool tip that shows the current progress in percent.

Try Winclone 6.2.2. Your current license key will work!

We released Winclone 6.2.2 today. Please update in the app.