BigSur and Winclone 9 - not Booting!

Hi,

I am a long term user of Winclone, so thing I am used to it.

I recently made a clean install of Big Sur on by Spring 2015 MacBook Pro Retina 15".

Tried to apply my old Bootcamp Backup done with Winclone 7.

1.) Created and NTFS Partition on SSD (with Apple Diskutilities)
2.) Turned off SIP
3.) Downloaded latest Bottcamp drivers on a stick
4.) Restored Image with winlcone 9 and injected updated drivers - everything looks fine - Prgram wrote EFI changes, MBR updates, Driver injection etc. - everything looks fine.
5.) After reboot and pressing ALT I do not see the Name of the BootCamp Partition but rather EFI - if I select that, windows starts booting even showing the Windows logo and the regular turning wheel for app. 5-10 Sec’s. After that the System automatically reboots with the regular tone directly into MAC OS.

I already tried under ‘Tool’ to reengage with “Make EFI Bootable”, in the older Versions that sometimes worked.

Is there anything I might change ?

thx

Strange. We tested a variety of hardware on big sur and there wasn’t any changes to booting. Did you try booting back to windows multiple takes? Sometimes windows will do some repair. Also, try booting into safe mode in Windows to see if it is driver related.

tim

Indeed Strange. Yes I tried several times. In teh “alt” boot menue ist is not even shown with the HD Icon but with some kind of Terminal icon. It seems something is not ok. with marking the partition bootable.

I restore that exactly to the same Mac I used over the years with multiple Versions of Winclone. In the past of there was in issue with restoring the funktion "make EFI bootable2 always did the trick.

Btw I tried to restore multiple clones made on different dates - still not working. I restore also exectly to the same partition size.

Booting into safe mode in windows is not possible - as I wrote - the spinning wheel and the Windows icon is only available for some sec’s then the system is rebooting into macOS (interestingly with no chance to press “alt” and offering the boot menue. For that I need to restart.

In the meantime I tried repeated the process three times same result.

Martin

Any Update on that ?

thx

Have you tried disabling secure boot in Startup System Utility in recovery? That may be worth a try.

tim

On the windows side ?

If yes, how can I do that ?

What is unusual is, that the boot menue is not recognizing the partition
at all - in the past the “make EFI bootable” was doing the trick

br

Martin