I have a working Windows 7 Pro bootcamp partition, but after I replaced the faulty hard disk with another same size 1TB on my iMac. When I restore my Windows 7 bootcamp partition with Winclone 7, it was successfully restored. However, when I hit the Option key to boot into bootcamp it just show a black screen with nothing except that I can hear the Windows 7 login sounds but sees nothing on the screen.
What I have done so far:
- changed the boot mode from Winclone to EFI with no success
- unable to change the boot mode from Winclone to legacy, as it says error mounting /dev/disk1s3 to read/write
- reset the NVRAM and PRAM with no success
- restore another earlier Winclone image from the same iMac with no success
- recreate the bootcamp partition again with no success
-adjust the screen brightness with no success
For your information, I have a year 2014 iMac running Yosemite OS and Winclone 5. I created a Windows 7 Pro bootcamp and backup with Winclone 5. About a month ago, I was upgrading the OS to Mojave and everything still running fine till the point I replaced my hard disk as mentioned above.