Black Screen After Restoring the Windows 7 Image

Hi,

I have a working Windows 7 Pro bootcamp partition, but after I replaced the faulty hard disk with another same size 1TB on my iMac. When I restore my Windows 7 bootcamp partition with Winclone 7, it was successfully restored. However, when I hit the Option key to boot into bootcamp it just show a black screen with nothing except that I can hear the Windows 7 login sounds but sees nothing on the screen.

What I have done so far:

• changed the boot mode from Winclone to EFI with no success
  • unable to change the boot mode from Winclone to legacy, as it says error mounting /dev/disk1s3 to read/write
  • reset the NVRAM and PRAM with no success
  • restore another earlier Winclone image from the same iMac with no success
  • recreate the bootcamp partition again with no success
    -adjust the screen brightness with no success

For your information, I have a year 2014 iMac running Yosemite OS and Winclone 5. I created a Windows 7 Pro bootcamp and backup with Winclone 5. About a month ago, I was upgrading the OS to Mojave and everything still running fine till the point I replaced my hard disk as mentioned above.

Please help.

Thank you.

So you can hear the Windows 7 bootup sound? So Windows is definitely booting but there is nothing on the display? I wonder if it is related to the display driver. Try resetting the PRAM. It could be a default resolution issue.

tim

Hi Tim,

I have resetting the PRAM numerous times with no success.

However, I do noticed that when I try to restore the Winclone backup file using block-based imaging method. It can boot to Windows Boot Manager with the error - “The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible.”

I tried to resolve the error by doing a repair from Windows 7 installation disk image as suggested but with no success as well.

Please advise.

Thank you.

It does sounds like it is related to a driver. You could try booting it in VMWare Fusion with the boot camp partition as the source and see if adding drivers would fix it.

tim