Boot Runner 3.3 not booting windows?

Hi all,

I’m using a trial license to see if this software works for me. I have a cMP 5,1 with a non-EFI GPU and switching between Windows and Mac is quite troublesome.
While I understand the workings of Boot Runner still is not the most efficient (it will always load the Mac OS regardless if you WANT to use Mac OS in a given session), it at least saves me from quite a bit of repetitive manual work of logging in, going into Sys Prefs, Startup Disk, type Password to change start-up disk and finally rebooting into the correct OS each time.

However, for some reason, Boot Runner won’t restart in Windows. Upon restart, the Boot Runner screen definitely loads, I can go into Mac OS. But when I click on Windows, it restarts… straight back into MacOS and shows Boot Runner screen!

Is it because I’m running the trial version (wouldn’t this defeat the purpose of the trial? I’m definitely not feeling very sold right now)? Or am I doing something wrong (I’ve made no configuration. By default, it seems to know what it’s supposed to do so nothing I feel I need to change)?

Details and observations:

• cMP 5,1 Mid-2010
  • Windows 10 and MacOS Mojave installed on different physical SSDs
  • SIP shows Disabled in System Profiler - I am aware this shouldn’t be an issue for version 3, but I still see comments about issues.
  • Can confirm that I can successfully boot between Mojave and Windows 10 by using Startup Disk.

Really, I’m baffled at why it’s not working. Are there any conditions that will suggest why I’m not successful? I mean, besides me being an idiot, of course.

the trial shouldn’t have anything to do with it. Please grab the log and send to support@twocanoes.com.

Logging Options

Boot Runner logs messages via the Apple System Logger. To view the logs, open Terminal and enter in the following command:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Boot Runner”’ --info --last 2d

You can adjust the “2d” for a longer or shorter time period. You can specify a number and then m (minutes) h(hours) or d (days). For example: “–last 2m” or “–last 3h”.

To send the output to a file, redirect the output:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Boot Runner”’ --info --last 2d > ~/Desktop/bootrunner.log

This will save the last 2 days of Boot Runner output to a file on the current user’s desktop called “bootrunner.log”.