Boot Runner 3.4 and Catalina on Mac Pro 5,1 does not work

Hallo Tim,
as I had the problems with Winclone, converting my System from a 2-TB-SSD to a 4 TB SSD, now I installed Win 10 complety fresh on the 4-TB-SSD and installed the Boot Camp drivers from an USB stick. My Mac Pro 5,1 Starts from the Win-SSD if no Mac-OS-SSD is placed in an other bay. So far, so good the first step.

Yesterday I took an update from Boot Runner 3.2 to 3.4 and Boot Runner now will not start the old Win-2-TB-SSD either the Win-4-TB-SSD. After “Reloading” (wich stucks with the grey box named Reloading – so it’s just possible to manualy reload with the button down on the screen) Boot Runner jumps back to the Boot Runner start screen. To run the both Win-SSDs in Parallels Desktop works.

I tried to install the Version 3.4 two times, switched all Virus-Apps off at the 2nd time. Nothings gonna be better. Now unfortunately I have no iinstaller from an older Version left and from Twocanoes I get only the latest version 3.4.

Would it be possible to get the dmg from 3.2 and maybe also 3.3 to test this one?
I would be very grateful.

Kind regards
Dominik

I just added them to :slight_smile:

let me know how it goes.

tim

Hello Maren, hello Tim,

thanks a lot for saving me and my machine.

I tested now all versions (3.1 to 3.4) and can summarize that just the version 3.2 is working perfect.

As I tried to start the Bootcamp-SSD version 3.3 jumped back after restart to the BR screen as I saw with the version 3.4.

The disturbing modification must have been implemented between version 3.2 (Build 29107) and 3.3 (Build 30331).

Maybe to enclose the problem, I would give you further information (system protokolls e.g.) – just let me know, what you need … and how I find or could get it on/from my Mac Pro.

The basic data of my machine will you find attached as png.

Kind regards

Dominik

dominik schönefeld

petkumstraße 9

22085 hamburg

mail dominik@schoenefeld.com

tperfitt
December 1

I just added them to :slight_smile:

bitbucket.org

Fehler! Es wurde kein Dateiname angegeben.

twocanoes / bootrunner-public / Downloads — Bitbucket

let me know how it goes.

tim