BOOT RUNNER breaks bootcamp's touch bar

After installing boot runner and selecting bootcamp, the touch bar does not display nor accept touches.

When I uninstall Boot runner and activate bootcamp via the option key, the touch bar works as expected.

Running 15" I9 (16Gb) with macOS 10.15.1

Please review and advise

Do you mean in Windows or in macOS?

tim

windows touchbar does not display any options and will not accept touchs. on mac side all works as expected.

danmckee

I have a 2019 MBP (16") and booted to Windows 10 on it with Boot Runner, and the toolbar was blank. I pressed the Fn key and it showed all the options. Does that work for you?

tim

Yes. Using the Fn key to make the touchbar show its options is an OK work around. I assume at some future release using the Fn key would not be needed.

Dan McKee, Ed.D

mckee1211@icloud.com

812-606-5644

I just booted back to windows (both with Boot Runner and with the option key) and now it is showing without pressing the Fn key. Perhaps an update occurred with the bootcamp drivers? I don’t think it is is related to Boot Runner.

tim

I have noticed the same thing. Sometimes BR starts windows as expected but sometimes it does not.
I do not think BootCamp drivers have been updated.

It is puzzling but with the work round i remain operational. Keep me posted if any additonal info comes your way.

Dan McKee, Ed.D

mckee1211@icloud.com

812-606-5644