Boot to virtual machine

Hi,
I have two virtual machines and have tested both and they will not boot.

1. open -F “/Users/Shared/Parallels/WIN10_2204.pvm”
  2. open -F “/Users/Shared/WIN10.vmwarevm”

they both show up in the bootrunner window. I put in the username and password and it
acts like it wants to do something and stops. I have bootrunner in the accessibility area already.
I do have sip disabled and bootrunner works to boot an actual win10 physical ssd drive but
i was wanting to try to boot the VM.

I have them set up with the user account to allow username /password etc. as seen below from
instructions.

Configuring Users & Groups Login Windows Settings
To allow Boot Runner to log in using the credentials from the virtual machine configuration, go to System Preferences → Users & Groups-> Login Options and Set Automatic Login to “Off” and Display login window as “Name and password”.

Try running those commands in terminal and see if it opens up the VM successfully.

tim

thanks.

The command works in terminal logged in; but does not work in the boot runner menu.
open -F “/Users/Shared/Parallels/WIN10_2204.pvm”
does sip have to be set at csrutil enable --without nvram. I currently have sip disabled.
I have on mojave 10.14.6. I saw some post that this feature broke after high sierra due to AFPS.

Also it said to have log in for osx set to the below:
Preferences → Users & Groups-> Login Options and Set Automatic Login to “Off” and Display login window as “Name and password”.
so it can use the credentials from the vm… I put in the user name and password for the VM at boot runner menu but it does not do anything. Any help is appreciated.

It also worked for vmare- open -F "/Users/Shared/WIN10.vmwarevm"

Wanted to add that I have it set up for Preferences → Users & Groups-> Login Options and Set Automatic Login to “Off” and Display login window as “Name and password”.

I input the username/password for the virtual machine and it does not boot. If i put the username/password for OSX it logs into OSX .

I tested bootrunner again with my physical ssd for windows 10 and it reboots fine to that OS. Just not working to boot into virtual machines. I have created a linux one as well to test. It does the same thing. does not log into the virtual machine at the bootrunner window. Inside OSX, I can run the commands in terminal and they open fine. They are all set to full screen.

Again, I have sip disabled . I can try to test setting it to -
csrutil enable --without nvram

please send a message to support@twocanoes.com and i’d like to set up a troubleshooting session so we can get to the bottom of this.

tim

ok. thank you. That would be good to find out.

I sent an email to support of 6/2. just fyi.

There was an issue with the guy who got the message in our support system (me). I’ll have a heart to heart with him and see what happened. I sent a message to get a call scheduled.

tim

i have not heard from anyone so far.