Bootcamp partition cannot be started after copying to SSD

Hi,
I bought Winclone 8 today and used it directly. My 2014 MacMini has a slow 1000 GB hard drive. There is a Mac Catalina partition and a Bootcamp partition with Windows 10. I attached an external Samsung T5 (500GB) SSD disk and copied the operating system. Catalina runs on the SSD. Then I created an image of the boot camp partition with Winclone and deleted it with the hard disk manager. Then an ExtFat partition is created on the SSD and the image is played back. After booting, the boot manager still shows Bootcamp as a partition on the internal disk. A new partition EFI is displayed. If Bootcamp or EFI is selected, windows starts but stops with an error message and a reboot is necessary. What did I do wrong or how do I fix it?

What was the error message?

tim

It depends on what I choose from the boot manager. If I start Bootcamp, Windows tries to repair the installation and fails. Then only a restart is possible. The process is repeated. If I start EFI Boot, Windows starts and there is an error with a green background and a QR code

Regards

Jochen

Die Welt wird nicht bedroht von den Menschen, die böse sind, sondern von denen, die das Böse zulassen. (Albert Einstein, dt.-am. Physiker, 1879-1955)

Not all Macs and external drive combinations support external booting of Windows. I would recommend getting a refund of Winclone and then keep the boot camp partition internal.

tim

It’s very sad. Boot camp on the internal disk is really slow. Thanks for the honest answer. I have already requested a refund. What only surprises me is that I have an Acronis Recovery USB stick. It is also based on a Windows operating system and it boots without problems.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen

Jochen

Die Welt wird nicht bedroht von den Menschen, die böse sind, sondern von denen, die das Böse zulassen. (Albert Einstein, dt.-am. Physiker, 1879-1955)

Someone just recently posted this:

It may help.

tim

Hello Tim,

I do not believe it. I did it. However, with a competitive product. I also carried out your instructions. I don’t know what led to success, your tips or the software used, but both Catalina and Windows run on the external SSD.

Thank you for your help

jochen