Can winclone recover usable files from a corrupted BootCamp W7 OS?

My win7 Pro partition has run flawlessly for 2 years. A indows update auto installed and now prevents W7 from booting. You get the “Win was not shut down properly”window, the 4 startup choices. Do noting and it continues in NORMAL- spinningspheres form the LOGO, THEN BLACK SCREEN. A USB MS trackball still controls the cursor that’s present. Booting into R8- no mouse clicks to click NEXT In the keyboard window chooser. No mouse clicks to continue after using keyboard to stet in SAFE.
-(How) can W7 be cleanly installed back into the BC partition to restore the original Apple / BC drivers
-From the Mac Minis OS 10.10 side, I can open the BC partition. Is there any way to transfer, copy paste, or clone, my business apps, files, docs, and images to anotherHD. How is. The destination formatted, IN FAt32?
-Can Winclone create a .dmg of the entire corrupted BC partition, to be saved to an external HD. From this, Can all the business items be retrieved intact to be reinstalled into A NEWLY CREATED BC Partition, if that’s the solution?
-I made a 2nd usb thumb drive of the “ latest BC DRIVERS.” Is there any way to directly replace the corrupted rivers ones with the new, correct ones.
Thanks!

-(How) can W7 be cleanly installed back into the BC partition to restore the original Apple / BC drivers

Not sure if this is related to Winclone. Are you asking about installing Windows 7 via Boot Camp?

-From the Mac Minis OS 10.10 side, I can open the BC partition. Is there any way to transfer, copy paste, or clone, my business apps, files, docs, and images to anotherHD. How is. The destination formatted, IN FAt32?

Not really with Winclone since it will make a clone of the OS as well. You can drag documents in the Finder but that doesn’t help with the apps.

-Can Winclone create a .dmg of the entire corrupted BC partition, to be saved to an external HD. From this, Can all the business items be retrieved intact to be reinstalled into A NEWLY CREATED BC Partition, if that’s the solution?

Yes. You can create a winclone image then restore to a disk image.

I made a 2nd usb thumb drive of the “ latest BC DRIVERS.” Is there any way to directly replace the corrupted rivers ones with the new, correct ones.

Not that i know of.

tim

of Dr. Steve Fassman

tperfitt
January 22

Not sure if this is related to Winclone. Are you asking about installing Windows 7 via Boot Camp?

Yes

Not really with Winclone since it will make a clone of the OS as well. You can drag documents in the Finder but that doesn’t help with the apps.

Then can the PC business files, and images be transferred off to an external HD and be Reinstslled into a fresh Win boot camp partition? Would I then use s’incline to back up and restore the entire partition the same wat a time machine Does on the Mac side? Will WC back up/CLONE, THE BOOT CSMP DRIVERS ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE?
Does it make incremental BUs?
That would solve all future issues should some future win update corrupt the BC DRIVERS again?

Yes. You can create a winclone image then restore to a disk image.

I guess No need for this?

I made a 2nd usb thumb drive of the “ latest BC DRIVERS.” Is there any way to directly replace the corrupted rivers ones with the new, correct ones.

Not that i know of

And no need for this?
THANKS!

Winclone doesn’t current make incremental backups but we are looking at it as a future feature.

I am not sure what you mean by this:

Then can the PC business files, and images be transferred off to an external HD and be Reinstslled into a fresh Win boot camp partition? Would I then use s’incline to back up and restore the entire partition the same wat a time machine Does on the Mac side? Will WC back up/CLONE, THE BOOT CSMP DRIVERS ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE?

After you get the system up and running, you can definitely use Winclone to create a full image (OS + documents+drivers) in case of issues.

tim