Cannot find the bootcamp partition after cloning to the new SSD

Hi team
I bought Winclone 8 yesterday.
I’m using Mac mini 2014 with Mac Catalina and windows 10 (bootcamp partition) install.
I have installed a new SSD to my Mac mini 2014 and installed Catalina. I can boot the old Catalina or new Catalina without any issue.
Then I create a partition for Windows 10 on my new SSD by disk utility. I created an image from my bootcamp partition and restore this partition to my new SSD with Winclone 8. Both the creation of the image and restore process are succeeded without any error but when I try to reboot the Mac mini 2014, I could not find the new partition from my new SSD. I can only find a new EFI partition and if I click on it, it shows the booting screen for windows 10 for a few second then the screen will go blank and stop.
Please advise what’s going wrong and how do I fix it.
Best regards,
Idrink

The partition showing up as EFI is fine and shouldn’t cause issues. The booting from Windows is probably driver related. Try booting into safe mode in Windows:

tim

Hi Tim
I have follow your step but it still does not work. I also repeated the whole process from creating image to restore image but I still have the same result. Please advise what should I do next.
Best regards,
Idrink

Is it an OWC SSD? There have been reports of that SSD not booting Windows.

tim

It is Samsung 970 EVO plus 1TB NVMeM.2

Hi Tim
Any updates please or can I refund?
Best regards,
drink

you can get a refund here:

Hello all,

I have installed Big Sur on a CC external SSD Drive that initially had Catalina Clone installed from my iMac. Now, when I restart and hold the option key, I no longer see the Windows Bootcamp option (see an EFI devise). I can still restart directly into Catalina on my 2020 iMac using the option key restart.

I found a workaround, I can still launch Windows Bootcamp using the Startup Disk app in System Preferences.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Keith