Catalina upgraded ... won't boot into Boot Runner startup menu

Hello,

I upgraded my Apple Mac Pro from Mojave to Catalina.

how can i be sure that the Boot Runner will load after Mac boots up? I did uninstalled and reinstalled no luck

is there any changes to EFI required? and I don’t see where it allows the Mac to accept full disk access as well. Right now the only option is to switch between windows 10 and catalina is use option button

any help is appreciated !!!

Thank you

Please try this beta and see if it resolves. We are about read to release it:

tim

Thank you for sharing that application. Will others get emails about updates for Catalina that is not Beta version in distant future when it modified and ready to be released? For previous customers … is it free or have to be upgrade purchase for discount price?

Thank you again!

yes, we send out an email when a new version is posted to our mailing list.

tim

I had to do clean install of Catalina … and reinstall bootloader, license of that software for Catalina. unfortunately it wouldn’t reboot into Windows as I clicked on it. What preventing it too reboot into windows?

Thank you

When you select the Windows volume, what happens?

tim

when i clicked on windows volume … it doesn’t do anything. the icon will shake and remains there. if i click on mac volume no problem it goes into mac login screen

if i hold down the option button before turn on laptop it will take me to volume section screen and i have no problem booting into windows or Catalina … i just wanna do it the easy way with Boot Runner lol

Do you have the current 3.2 version? Also, can you select Windows from the Startup Disk Preference Pane? That might tell us what the issue is if you cannot boot to Windows from there.

tim

right now i uninstalled bootrunner from my laptop and answer to your can i select Windows from Startup Disk Preference pane? I don’t see Windows 10 as option to choose as startup disk as well. it just MacOS 10.15.1

Now the funny thing is this … if im in recovery mode … i can see both startups - MacOS and Windows 10 in Startup Disk Preference pane … how odd

If you select it, does it boot correctly into Windows?

tim

Yup, it will boot into windows correctly, login, restart and shutdown with all those methods how i choose too use it

Did you get it working? It would be interesting to see the log:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Winclone”’ --info --last 2d

(you can adjust the argument of “2d” from 2 days to other time periods that you want the log, like “10m” for the last 10 minutes or 3h for the last 3 hours).

sorry for the delay in replying back,

I discovered that there an software that I use to allow two different operating systems to write between MacOS Catalina and Windows 10 name: Paragon software.

and for some reasons it have conflict with bootcamp partition and i had to uninstall in order for it work. bootcamp will dectect and know theres NTFS drive and it refuse it write to it unless there Paragon software installed on it. however it won’t show NFTS window as startup pane. idk why however im rolling with it so. for now I uninstalled Paragon software in order for Boot Runner to be working

where would I find this:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Winclone”’ --info --last 2d

on my computer? Do i have to run terminal command? if so I did that and nothing

never mind i got it work in terminal and unfortunately it came back with no results

do you know there an 3rd party software that will work with Boot Runner is compatible with allowing communication within MacOS and Windows 10? Unless you look into Paragon Software and make it work for future release version

there an suggestion … Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 Like

is there a new update within Boot-Runner due to MacOS Catalina from 10.15.1 to 10.15.2?

I noticed it requires login before bios bootup

Just asking thank you

This is due to File Vault, not Catalina. You can do a preference key to not have it automatically log in (though you will have to give it a password at first start). See this article:

tim