Cloning Error: Error setting permissions on device

Dear Tim & guys
I get this error trying clone the win10 bootcamp to my mac’s download folder
version 8.0.2
macOS10.15.3 new 16’’ model
have permitted full access for Winclone

pls do me a favor around this okay, I really don’t know what to do next now.
guide me some clue.

Winclone needs to be able to write to the drive, so it sets it as writable using a helper tool running as admin to allow this. Something is blocking it. Do you have any antivirus/security software that might be blocking it?

ti

I have the same issue and I’m completely unable to solve it, I’ve checked and repaired permissions, run chkdsk, disabled AV and Tuxera, run the App with Admin privileges and always getting the same error.
Any news on this?

has this been figured out yet?

I have same problem on Mac Pro 16" , I think this error due to new T2 chip in this new model , I think app devoplers must consider this in new versions

We do most of our testing on T2 Macs. This has been a problem that we have not been able to replicate internally so it has been difficult to fix. Reinstalling has been helpful for some folks, as well as adding an exception for Winclone to security / antivirus software.

tim

Hy, I have the same problem on iMac Pro 2017. How can we solve the issue ? I see people complaining since mounths and nothing is done ? Please help us. Thanks.

Please open console and filter on “Winclone” and replicate the error and see if there are any system messages. I suspect that something on the system is preventing writing to that drive.

tim

Hy, thank you for yout answer.
I did that but have tons of lines.
Trying to upload the result as a text file but refused. I’ll try a web link and maybe you’ll understand what going wrong.
Here is the link :

Hope you’ll find out.

Looks like memory clearner is blocking Winclone:

Violation: deny(1) file-read-data /Volumes/AppDatas/AppliZ/Mac/Winclone 8/Winclone 8.0.2.app/Contents/PkgInfo
Process: Memory Cleaner [502]
Path: /Volumes/AppDatas/AppliZ/Outils systeÃÄme/Memory Cleaner.app/Contents/MacOS/Memory Cleaner

tim

Thank you for answering.
In fact I had noticed this and tested without Memory Cleaner too. Unfortunately same result and same error message.
Anything else in these 9 pages log that could help us ?