Cloning Error: There was an error while file imaging

I’m using Winclone 7.3.4 on macOS 10.13.6 to attempt to create an image from my Bootcamp volume, but I get the error “Cloning Error: There was an error while file imaging. Please check the volume and try again. Status:46”

This Bootcamp volume appears to run fine on this MacBook Pro.

I’m reluctant to run Sysprep as I can’t create an image first, as is recommended on the Winclone support site.

I too have tried Winclone on a few different systems, and have never gotten it to work.

I have tried repeatedly running chkdsk /b according to a Winclone KB article, but every time, it gets to 14% and just sits there for an hour before the computer restarts.

I’ve tried saving the image to an external drive, and that failed as well with the same cloning error as above.

I have yet to EVER get Winclone to work.

Sorry you are having issues. If chkdsk isn’t finishing, there is definitely an issue with the filesystem. Winclone depends on a clean filesystem, so I am not surprised you are having issues. If you want a refund, just fill out this form:

I just got winclone 7 yesterday using macOS 10.13 High Sierra. I also am trying to clone my bootcamp drive which has win 7 pro on it. I have run chkdsk at least 5 times with no bad sectors on it & still get the same error as this topic: Cloning Error: There was an error while file imaging. Please check the volume and try again. Status: 46. once I click ok it says complete. Any other suggestions what I can do. I read nice reviews about winclone but am having no luck.

Sorry that you are having issues. Disk errors are sometime difficult to assess. You can try switching to block-based mode in the preferences and try it again.

tim