Cloning process is stuck at 5%

I’m using iMac 2020 with Big Sur. Version of Winclone is 9.

I already try to find similar phenomena but what I found is ‘check another ntfs associated program or extension’. But I don’t use any other NTFS associated software such as rtfs-3g, macfuse, paragon or taxer. Just Big Sur itself.

I have another windows usb using windows to go and this volume is possible to clone.

What can I do?

I attached my log information.
Executing “ntfslabel -f -f /dev/disk0s3”
2020-11-29T23:21:34+09:00:Error opening ‘/dev/disk0s3’: Resource busy
Failed to mount ‘/dev/disk0s3’: Resource busy
Access is denied because the NTFS volume is already exclusively opened.
The volume may be already mounted, or another software may use it which
could be identified for example by the help of the ‘fuser’ command.

Have you used any of those utilities in the past? They could still have pieces that are causing issues.

tim

Hi Tim,
I seem to have the same problem for Winclone 9 on Big Sur. Can you see if there is any solutions?

Charlie

No. I did not use any S/W to access NTFS. I checked application and kext but there’s no associated one. If I had used it, why windows ti go possible to clone?
If there’s additional way to check, I’ll do that.

something is accessing that drive. Do you have any antivirus / endpoint security software running / backup software that could be accessing files on that disk? Can you try unmounting it in Disk Utility?

tim

I found the problem. I’m using bit defender as a antivirus S/W using continuous scan. I think this causes problem when Winclone tried to access that volume. When I turn off continuous scan function, it was possible to close.

Thanks for advising about other process except that not associated with NTFS

1 Like