After a week of trying and failing to make it work I decided to ask for help.
So I am trying to use MDS with our older Macs that we’re not bought with DEP.
I created a workflow with the necessary programs - but every time I run the tool it gets stuck at 100% and it alternates between 100% and 24 of 24.
I first thought that probably it’s a package that messes up the process.
I unticked all the packages and scripts and ran MDS only with the macOS (Catalina 10.15.6 ) installation. Erase and install.
…it gets stuck again at 100% / 3 of 3.
Tried both with a network image and USB. No dice… same error.
install.log isn’t much of a help - or at least “I” don’t see anything strange there.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Boot back to recovery, open terminal, and run:
cat /Volumes/Macintosh \HD/var/log/install.log
you may have to change Macintosh HD to a different volume name. This is the log that will show the error.
Thank you for getting back to me.
I went thru the install.log but I don’t seem to find anything out of the ordinary.
If you have the chance, maybe you can take a look. More than likely you know better what to look for.
Thank you so much!
Thank you so much for getting back to me.
Unfortunately I did not find anything out of the ordinary going thru intsall.log
If you get the chance, maybe you could take a look. More than likely you know way better than me what to look for.
Thank you so much for your time.