Dual Boot MacOS and Ubuntu

I’ve been trying all day to get Boot Runner to work. The problem I have is my computer automatically wants to load Ubuntu. If I hold the option key I can switch and open up the standard Mac OS, which then shows Boot Runner without the Ubuntu option. Any ideas what the problem might be. I don’t have a Windows Boot Camp installed at all.

It sounds like boot runner is selecting the wrong partition or the mac firmware is booting to the wrong partition. Look at the logs to see exactly how it is choosing:

Logging Options

Boot Runner logs messages via the Apple System Logger. To view the logs, open Terminal and enter in the following command:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Boot Runner”’ --info --last 2d

You can adjust the “2d” for a longer or shorter time period. You can specify a number and then m (minutes) h (hours) or d (days). For example: “–last 2m” or “–last 3h”.

To send the output to a file, redirect the output:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Boot Runner”’ --info --last 2d > ~/Desktop/bootrunner.log

This will save the last 2 days of Boot Runner output to a file on the current user’s desktop called “bootrunner.log”.