Error 0xc0000225 after INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Hello!

MacBook Pro 13" Early 2011 here. Several years ago I bough an SSD, so I moved my main 1TB HDD to the optical bay and continued using the Boot Camp partition from there. Now I bought a larger SSD and decided to move Boot Camp from the optibay HDD to the main SSD.

WIM-based restore failed, so I did the block-based restore using Winclone 6. After that I got the INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE error. At the same time, the partition loaded just fine through Parallels.

I did the driver injection, but now I get the winload.exe error with code 0xc0000225.

Parallels is still booting up just fine. Any suggestions on what I could do to fix it? Maybe I could boot the partition through Parallels and fix something on the Windows side if that would help?

Thanks so much!

Try booting into parallels and running SysPrep:

https://twocanoes.com/knowledge-base/prepare-windows-with-sysprep-in-a-virtual-machine/

tim

Well, the sys prep failed, so after some Googling I had to uninstall some packages using PowerShell, but then it got another fatal error and I have no idea how to fix it.

I’m starting to to think I’d be better off starting with a new install. Unless you have other suggestions?

Here is what I found worked great for me:

You need to do two registry edits using RegEdit, before you clone (or via Parallels if you have the external drive)

Under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\:

1. Under HardwareConfig Click on entry with a bunch of numbers (Its a UUID) and change BootDriverFlags to 14 in hexadecimal.
  2. Under MountedDevices delete all entries, then delete MountedDevices complete.

I did both and this worked great for me.

2 Likes

apple4ever Thank you so much dude!
After updating previous clonezilla images from 1909 to last build get troubles with sysprep. Usual trouble with deleting appx on user profiles, and now this, bsod after sysprep
For me works only 1. - BootDriverFlags.
When i delete MountedDevices - get sysprep critical error. But after BootDriverFlags to 14 without reboot with immediate sysprep all works fine!
Now my sysprepped clonezilla image for production PCs (over 200pc) is fine and up-to-date.