I have some issues with installing my bootcamp installation on an external drive. Can you guys please help me out; I have search all around the internet and I have tried numerous of things.
Finally, I decided to buy WinClone as an ultimate way to succeed; so far nothing so I hope I didn’t waste my money.
- Mac OS X (11.0.1) Big Sur
- MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2020)
- Thunderbolt 3 eGPU / SSD enclosure (HP Omen)
- Win10_20H2_v2_Dutch_x64.iso (yes, Im dutch).
What I want to achieve:
- Run Windows from the thunderbolt 3 enclosure, eventually leverage from the eGPU so I can fully use windows (too…)
What I did so far:
- Set T2 boot options to allow external devices
- Install drivers with /recurse (mentioned on this forum and 9to5 Mac)
- I successfully installed Bootcamp Windows on the internal harddrive. It works and have installed everything I needed (also for the enclosure whatever is needed).
- I successfully made a image of the ‘internal’ bootcamp with WinClone
- I successfully restored that image to the external drive (I can see it from Mac OS)
- I set the boot mode of the restored drive to legacy, winPE and EFI
- Flashed another external drive with Bootcamp (same issues, infinite bootloop)
- Injected drivers via WinClone
What I got so far:
- With legacy bootable - nothing happens
- With EFI bootable - It goes into a boot loop with the windows / apple logo.
- With WinPE bootable - I directly go into windows boot manager where it states that ‘a required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed
Any help? Thanks!