External HD as a destination

I have a new 1T external drive. I have partitioned it, formatted in Mac os extended journaled, and made it GUID.
When I try to close volume to volume, I can find the right source, (SSD HD for BootCamp) , however, when I select destination the only option is Bootcamp volume.

Help!

Thanks RGM

If you are doing volume to volume cloning, the destination needs to be a “windows” format to signal Winclone that it is ok to use it (it can be FAT, exFAT or NTFS).

tim

Thank you Tim. Resolved.

Tim, I have a new problem. I go to restore from my HD and I get this msg. Please select a winclone image. When I click the winclone icon it takes me to finder and I see my bootcamp file and all its contents but I get that error msg.

Thank you,

Gary

Tim or someone at Two Canoes I need an answer to this problem. I try to restore from an external HD and it goes to the finder. There is no Mac HD showing like in your pictures and no Winnclone. I have tried to reinstall Winclone with no results. Please help,
Gary

I am bit unclear what the issue is. Do you mean that you can’t see popover for “destinations” like this?

tim

You are correct.

Regards,

Gary

352-870-5041

Get your Stop Child Abuse Plate today!

Tim, I was incorrect. Here is a screen shot.

Please help me on this as my new IMac arrives tomorrow.

Thank you,

Gary

It looks like Winclone should show it since it is NTFS. Did you get this resolved?

tim

Yes I did. Thank you for following up.
Regards,

Gary

1 Like