External HD as a destination

I have a new 1T external drive. I have partitioned it, formatted in Mac os extended journaled, and made it GUID.
When I try to close volume to volume, I can find the right source, (SSD HD for BootCamp) , however, when I select destination the only option is Bootcamp volume.

Help!

Thanks RGM

0 Likes

If you are doing volume to volume cloning, the destination needs to be a “windows” format to signal Winclone that it is ok to use it (it can be FAT, exFAT or NTFS).

tim

0 Likes

Thank you Tim. Resolved.

0 Likes

Tim, I have a new problem. I go to restore from my HD and I get this msg. Please select a winclone image. When I click the winclone icon it takes me to finder and I see my bootcamp file and all its contents but I get that error msg.

Thank you,

Gary

0 Likes

Tim or someone at Two Canoes I need an answer to this problem. I try to restore from an external HD and it goes to the finder. There is no Mac HD showing like in your pictures and no Winnclone. I have tried to reinstall Winclone with no results. Please help,
Gary

0 Likes

I am bit unclear what the issue is. Do you mean that you can’t see popover for “destinations” like this?

tim

0 Likes

You are correct.

Regards,

Gary

352-870-5041

Get your Stop Child Abuse Plate today!

0 Likes

Tim, I was incorrect. Here is a screen shot.

0 Likes

Please help me on this as my new IMac arrives tomorrow.

Thank you,

Gary

0 Likes

It looks like Winclone should show it since it is NTFS. Did you get this resolved?

tim

0 Likes

Yes I did. Thank you for following up.
Regards,

Gary

1 Like