Processor Speed: 2.9 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 6
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 12 MB
Memory: 32 GB

Winclone: Version 7.3.4 (42136)

Where im at:
I backed up my Bootcamp Partition to a USB-C SSD. The partition is 200 GB roughly.
I am currently on “Restoring Image” to a secondary USB-C 1TB Lacie Drive. (Each USB-C Drive is connected directly to the MBP without any hubs.)

I am on Day 5 of “Extracting File Data” and I’m guessing I’m around 75% of the way through the progress bar. I have noticed in Activity Monitor that Winclone is using almost 0% CPU (though it does go up a couple every once and awhile and “Force Quit” doesn’t show it as being locked up) and there is another process “wimapply” that im assuming is related that is using no more than 7% but is bouncing down to 1% most of the time.

I’m not sure how long this should be taking but I’ve kept my monitor and laptop awake the entire time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

This morning I got to the office and get this message:

Restore Error:

Failed to mount /dev/disk2s2. May be an issue with the image used for restore or block size mismatch. Open Disk Utility, erase as MS-DOS (FAT) and try again.

[OK]

Are you doing a volume-to-volume migration, or are you saving the image to the external drive?

TIM

Saving the image to an external that is a usb c ssd.
Would volume to volume be quicker/better?

Any word? This is really hindering my business.

I would suspect it has something to do with the external drive. Is there enough space to copy it to the internal drive and try restoring from there?

tim

there is not enough room. its 180gb and my mac side has 40gb free

UPDATE: DAY 12

It finally completed this morning. I booted to the external after enabling external boot. The windows logo appears then the computer reboots to mac… Any advice?

I then decided to try volume to volume which wouldn’t start because of a block size error. So I currently sit with the clone completed (all data looks correct when i browse the drive) but I cannot boot to the external.

Does it happen multiple times? Sometimes drivers need to be discovered and windows will reboot. If it gives a BSOD, the message would be helpful.

tim

There is no BSOD. It shows the windows logo (with the spinning dots) and then shuts down.

Is there a phone number that I can call for direct support?

Sure. If you have Winclone Pro, submit a request here:

tim

I dont. Do you have any advice for a volume to volume. Im getting the block error.

Is there a way to fix the block mismatch situation?

1 Like

Make sure you are using WIM based imaging (set in the prefs), then save an image. Then restore the image.

tim

I did that. But when i do volume to volume i get the mismatch error.

Not sure how much more I can help. Let me know if you would like a refund.

That would be appreciated.