How to migrate bootcamp to an external drive

What is the procedure for migrateing bootcamp to an external drive? I did this once with Winclone 5 but I am not having luck with Winclone 6. My Mac is running on High Sierra

Can you tell me what the issue is? Here is the instruction for external drive migration:

tim

I am sure that somewhere in the list of processes there is one that tells me how to clone directly to an external HDD. But as I mentioned previously— (I think I mentioned) I am 82 and I need a bit of coaching to tell me where in the Getting Started it tells me how to clone directly to a HDD. I also mentioned my computer is running Windows 7. Your reference in the Forum indicates there is a process for cloning directly to an external HDD. But I cannot find anything referencing how to do it with Windows 7. If the same process works for Windows 7 as the one that works for Windows 8. then Tim Please tell me on what page in “Getting Started” the instructions begin. I would be ever so grateful.
Paul Ames

if you are trying to get Windows to boot externally from Windows 7 then you will definitely have issues. I would recommend upgrading to Windows 8 prior to trying to move Windows to an external drive.

tim

Hi Tim

That is great information. I think that Windows 8 is a small but actual disaster. Would Windows 10 be a better choice?

Thank you

Paul

Agreed, Windows 10 would be a much better choice!

tim

Hi Tim

Is Windows 10 Creators Update compatible with WinClone 6. I see an old article on the Web that says it is not. I do not know what Windows 10 Creator Update is. It sounds like a recent version of Windows 10. I am trying now to avoid any problems before I take on applying WinClone 6 again.

Thank you once again for your help

Paul

Paul,

The current version of Winclone 6 is 100% compatible with Windows 10 Creators Update. We had some issues earlier on that have been resolved.

tim