Incremental Backup Volume ID Error

I have an image created with Winclone 7 that won’t incrementally backup. It’s always worked in the past.

The error is:

Cannot update image with Volume ID.

The associated Windows volume ID could not be updated in the dimage at /Users/… … Please check permissions and try again,.

Winclone is present in Privacy | Full Disk Access.

0 Likes

How many incremental backups do you have? Is it possible to create a new image then try an incremental image to it?

tim

0 Likes

This winclone file had no incremental backups. I’m 99 percent sure it was created in version 7. Still, I’ll start from scratch and see what happens. I live mostly on the mac so there is rarely a need to make a backup of boot camp.

0 Likes

Tim,

I made a new backup using Winclone 7 this morning and tested it on another machine. It was a valid backup that restored well. I then attempted an incremental backup on that new file and got the same error message as before.

I’ve included that message as a screenshot. In the same screenshot I’ve included .the permissions I’ve given Winclone in Security and Privacy | Full Disk access. Is there any other place I should be offering permissions.

Dave

0 Likes

I’d like to take a look at the log. Run this command in terminal right after the error happens and send the log to support@twocanoes.com:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Winclone”’ --info --last 2d

(you can adjust the argument of “2d” from 2 days to other time periods that you want the log, like “10m” for the last 10 minutes or 3h for the last 3 hours).

tim

0 Likes

Got it. Attached.

Dave

(Attachment log.rtf is missing)

0 Likes