Incremental Backup Volume ID Error

I have an image created with Winclone 7 that won’t incrementally backup. It’s always worked in the past.

The error is:

Cannot update image with Volume ID.

The associated Windows volume ID could not be updated in the dimage at /Users/… … Please check permissions and try again,.

Winclone is present in Privacy | Full Disk Access.

How many incremental backups do you have? Is it possible to create a new image then try an incremental image to it?

tim

This winclone file had no incremental backups. I’m 99 percent sure it was created in version 7. Still, I’ll start from scratch and see what happens. I live mostly on the mac so there is rarely a need to make a backup of boot camp.

Tim,

I made a new backup using Winclone 7 this morning and tested it on another machine. It was a valid backup that restored well. I then attempted an incremental backup on that new file and got the same error message as before.

I’ve included that message as a screenshot. In the same screenshot I’ve included .the permissions I’ve given Winclone in Security and Privacy | Full Disk access. Is there any other place I should be offering permissions.

Dave

I’d like to take a look at the log. Run this command in terminal right after the error happens and send the log to support@twocanoes.com:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Winclone”’ --info --last 2d

(you can adjust the argument of “2d” from 2 days to other time periods that you want the log, like “10m” for the last 10 minutes or 3h for the last 3 hours).

tim

Got it. Attached.

Dave

(Attachment log.rtf is missing)

I had the same issue.
The program is giving the same error as atticus had.

I did the following :
tormod$ vim productInfo.plist
I than removed the Disk / Partition UUID, and pasted the exact same Disk / Partition UUID in.

Saved as my regular user ( not root ).
Than the incremental imaging starts working again.
I can not explain why, but it started working after I did this.

Best regards

Tormod Willassen

Strange. It sounds like it was related to permissions.

tim