Inject AppleSSD driver in Winclone 8.2

Migrating a Boot Camp partition from a older, non-T2 Mac can result in a blue screen with the error message (stop code) Inaccessible Boot Device. Winclone 8.2 adds a new feature to inject the Apple SSD driver to resolve this issue.

Check out the new kbase and link to the beta of Winclone 8.2:

https://twocanoes.com/knowledge-base/inject-applessd-driver-in-winclone-8-2/

1 Like

I have a MacBook Pro, Mid 2015, and I have never been able to get a stable BootCamp Windows 10 operating system to work.

I get Blue Screens with many different stop Codes:

• Unexpected Store Exception
  • Bad Pool Caller
  • System Service Exception
    What failed - atikmpag.sys

I also have a Mackbook Air (Mid 2011) running High Sierra 10.13.5 and used this computer to create the Winclone Windows 10 image. I followed all of the required procedures, Sysprep, etc. The MacBook Air is still running High Sierra 10.13.5.

I created a BootCamp partition on the MacBook Pro following all of the required procedures and then used Winclone to restore the image from the MacBook Air onto the MacBook Pro.

I have deleted the BootCamp partition on the MacBook Pro a couple of times and tried to restore the Winclone image but I continue to get the errors at the top of this message.

I also cannot install Parallels version 15 onto the MacBook Pro. I get the following error message when trying to install Parallels 15:

This is not a bootable disk, Please insert a bootable floppy and press any key to try again.

Now for my question… If I used the Winclone 8.2 beta and copied the Apple SSD driver onto the BootCamp partition on the MacBook Pro, do you think this would resolve my Blue Screens and allow me to install Parallels 15 onto the MacBook Pro?

Thank for your help!

When is Winclone 8.2 getting released?

Once we have fully tested it and then run it in beta for at least 7 days. I am still working on it and adding in features (I just added in injecting keyboard functionality). I did an early beta so folks could use it to inject drivers since this new feature is so important. I am still working on it and hope to have it feature complete within the next couple of days.

tim

So I was able to inject the SSD drivers but still, it won’t boot into windows. The “INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DRIVE” error code still shows up every time.
I tried everything I could find. :frowning:

-Constantin

You injected it with Winclone 8.2 (beta)? When you went to inject the drivers, which drivers did it show it was injecting?

tim

Tim, can you please read the message that I posted on April 21st regarding the following:

If I used the Winclone 8.2 beta and copied the Apple SSD driver onto the BootCamp partition on the MacBook Pro, do you think this would resolve my Blue Screens and allow me to install Parallels 15 onto the MacBook Pro?

Please respond to let me know if you think I would be able to resolve the 3 Blue Screen error codes.

Thanks!

I doubt it since I don’t think Parallels depends on the SSD driver.

tim

Tim, please read and reply to my message that I sent on April 20th. I will past it below:

I have a MacBook Pro, Mid 2015, and I have never been able to get a stable BootCamp Windows 10 operating system to work.

I get Blue Screens with many different stop Codes:

• Bad Pool Caller

I also have a Mackbook Air (Mid 2011) running High Sierra 10.13.5 and used this computer to create the Winclone Windows 10 image. I followed all of the required procedures, Sysprep, etc. The MacBook Air is still running High Sierra 10.13.5.

I created a BootCamp partition on the MacBook Pro following all of the required procedures and then used Winclone to restore the image from the MacBook Air onto the MacBook Pro.

I have deleted the BootCamp partition on the MacBook Pro a couple of times and tried to restore the Winclone image but I continue to get the errors at the top of this message.

I also cannot install Parallels version 15 onto the MacBook Pro. I get the following error message when trying to install Parallels 15:

This is not a bootable disk, Please insert a bootable floppy and press any key to try again.

Now for my question… If I used the Winclone 8.2 beta and copied the Apple SSD driver onto the BootCamp partition on the MacBook Pro, do you think this would resolve my Blue Screens and allow me to install Parallels 15 onto the MacBook Pro?

Thank for your help!

Injecting the drivers should assistant with the BSOD if they are caused by the mass storage drive. I have not idea why installing Parallels is failing since I am not that familiar with it. Not sure if that helps. Please let me know if I am answering the wrong question :).

tim

Tim, I reapplied the Windows 10 Bootcamp drivers and it did not fix my Blue Screen issues.

I fixed the following Blue Screen of Death problems:

• Bad Pool Caller

by following the procedures in this document:

Repair Corrupted/Missing Windows 10 System files

Prior to following the above procedure, I would get Blue Screens immediately during the boot process or within 5-15 minutes after I booted into Windows 10. I followed the above procedures, left Windows 10 running over night and I have not gotten any Blue Screens in 3 days.

I hope this helps other people with resolving Blue Screens of Death.

1 Like