MacOS Mojave 10.14.6

Doesn’t boot into windows 10.

If I put windows as the startup drive in macOS it will boot into windows. But if I choose windows in the bootrunner startup menu the screen goes black. I have my windows installation on the same drive as my macOS (separate partitions).

Specs: Mac Pro 5,1 2010
Intel xeon x5690
16gb RAM
AMD radeon RX 580 8gb (non-mac)

1 Like

Can someone help me?

Can you send me your logs?

Logging Options

Boot Runner logs messages via the Apple System Logger. To view the logs, open Terminal and enter in the following command:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Boot Runner”’ --info --last 2d

You can adjust the “2d” for a longer or shorter time period. You can specify a number and then m (minutes) h (hours) or d (days). For example: “–last 2m” or “–last 3h”.

To send the output to a file, redirect the output:

log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Boot Runner”’ --info --last 2d > ~/Desktop/bootrunner.log

This will save the last 2 days of Boot Runner output to a file on the current user’s desktop called “bootrunner.log”.

tim

Thanks for your reaction, I did as you said and there appeared a file called bootrunner.log, however this file is empty, the terminal said

“Mac-Pro-van-Gebruiker:~ gebruiker$ log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “Boot Runner”’ --info --last 2d > ~/Desktop/bootrunner.log
log: Bad predicate (Unable to parse the format string “‘process”): ‘process”

Schermafbeelding 2020-12-02 om 09.52.25

Ah, it is probably the quotes are getting converted to “smart quotes” when pasting. Make sure they are not “curly” quotes and just normal straight quotes.

tim

Thanks, you were right about those quotes. I will send you the document.

With this link you can see the file, it was to big to send it in the forum.

Is there a fix for this already?

can you send me the model idenitifier for the mac pro?

tim

Sorry for my late reply, I hope you can do something with this information.

Schermafbeelding 2021-01-06 om 09.18.19

I have the same problem. Do you have a fix already?

this issue does seem specific to Mac Pros. I have asked one of our QA people to replicate the issue internally with our Mac Pro.

tim