I purchased this app after hearing and reading tremendous things about it and, I must say, the entire process felt efficient and polished.
By all accounts the migration worked, but the issue I’m running into is that each boot attempt sends me back to the Startup Utility screen, along with a message saying it couldn’t successfully load Windows.
My run went like this:
- Install Boot Camp on MacBook Pro 16 to a 500GB partition
- Let Windows install all of the drivers, restart, and be in a working state
- Use Winclone to create an image of the Boot Camp volume
- On the Mac Pro, I am using a PCIE which holds an m.2 SSD
- Use Winclone to restore the image onto said SSD
- Success messages all around and when holding
alton restart, I see two Windows drives
- Using either drive sends me to the Startup Utility screen with the above error message
- I see two options to boot from: BOOTCAMP and Macintosh HD
- BOOTCAMP sends me back to Startup Utility
While I have an external SSD drive to test on, I would much rather be leveraging the m.2 SSD inside of the tower itself. Any thoughts as to why the clone isn’t working outright?
As a test I opened the BOOTCAMP partition from Parallels on the Mac Pro and it does work. Everything loads and I can use Windows normally. I’m updating drivers and will give this another shot by trying to load the partition normally.
Turning off Secure Boot (i.e. “No Security”) gets me into the Windows loading screen at least. Progress! Although it hangs at “Getting Devices Ready” and then shuts down. Performing another restore with a
sysprep'd Windows 10.