MDS Scripts not working

I am having issue with the scripts not coping files to the image. I followed the example, but did not work. I think the issue is with the $1 Is there a different name I should put in there or a different path to the scripts folder

Thanks,

Steve

Can you post the full contents of your script?

tim

Attached is the script and the file structure

Steve

(Attachment set_default_dock.sh is missing)

Here is the script and a screenshot of the structure. It seemed to build the workflow now, but the script still does not seem to work

(Attachment set_default_dock.sh.zip is missing)

Attached is the script and the file structure. It seems to build the workflow now, but the script still does not work.

Steve

Can you try it with the current 1.4 beta here:

https://bitbucket.org/twocanoes/macdeploystick/downloads/

tim

The scripts still not seem to work. I even tried to copy the file to the application folder and it did not work

Attached are some screen shots

Steve

I changed around how scripts are run and in what order in 1.5. Please download and try it here:

https://bitbucket.org/twocanoes/macdeploystick/downloads/

tim

I will try it next week and let you know.

Steve

1 Like

Did it work? Let me know if you need any additional help.

tim

I have gotten very busy, will try today.

Steve

Tim,

With Version 1.3. I get everything to work great. I still cannot get the copy dock plist to work. I used your exact example.

One thing that did work great was naming the volume. Great feature and worked great.

Steve

I think the issue is that the copy dock runs after the user home directory is created and the script affects the user home template. This is resolved in 1.6 where you can specify to run scripts after packages are installed.

tim

Tim,

With 1.6 (11362) The scripts now work as expected. Thanks so much for all your work.

Steve

Tim,

I have been testing the latest version 1.6 (11415) and everything has been working great. I love the new features you have added. Thanks for all the hard work.

Steve

1 Like