Migration to SSD boots into Windows but then into OSX

I have an iMac 2017 with a 1 Tb Fusion drive and it has a fully working Bootcamp on the slow HD.
I have a 500 Gb Samsung T5 which I want to migrate the Bootcamp partition to so as to make it quicker.
The cloning in Winclone 8.1 proceeded with no errors and created a clone called BOOTCAMP.

When I startup with option key held I can see the original HD Bootcamp, the OSX 10.15 and the new clone as EFI BOOT. When this boots up it shows the Windows blue logo and the circular progress but after a while the screen goes completely black and then it restarts booting up straight into OSX.

Is there more I need to do rather than just assuming that Winclone would do it all?

Thanks

HI exactement le meme probleme !!!
MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2018) Catalina 10.15.4 (19E287 j’ai desactivé les options de démarrage

This is usually related to the mass storage driver (or other driver) causing the boot to fail. It is hard to troubleshoot since you can’t get into Windows to turn on boot logging. It would be possible if you turned it on prior to creating the image, then restore it and check the log after it has the issue. Here is how to turn it on:

I’ll look into it to see if there is some what I can enable it from the macOS side for the future. It may be a registry setting or a BCD settings.

tim

I set the boot log up as described in article on working bootcamp and re-cloned it. Still fails to boot but no files are written, so it doesnt seem to get that far. The working bootcamp creates the log so it seems to have been turned on correctly. I am surprised that there is still a lot of HD noise and access a little while after the new bootcamp on the SSD boots up, I would expect it to be quiet - its as though its still trying to access the old bootcamp?

Thanks

Paul

Can you try the beta of Winclone 8.2?

https://twocanoes.com/knowledge-base/inject-applessd-driver-in-winclone-8-2/

tim

OK, will do. But bootcamp will not now boot once i took the boot log option off - just sits there forever trying to get into Windows. Recovery cannot fix it. Anyway I used a utility called Rufus to create a bootable Windows 10 on my T5 SSD and that is going ok now so I’m not in any hurry…
Thanks for your help.