My bootcamp partition don't boot after restoring WIN10

I started my work on Bootcamp handling by creating a bootcamp WIN 10 Partition with the Mac Bootcamp assistant in Mojave. Then I created an image from that with Winclone 8, I removed the Bootcamp partition with disk utility, created a new exfat partition and restored the image on that. Quite easy like in these videos. But then, when I tried to boot, I got only an error message:

IMG_3173

It says: A required device isn’t connected or can’t be accessed. And the mentioned fix is not easily applicable. What to do?

Is this a new Mac? What was the hardware of the old one and the new one? It is possible a driver is required.

tim

Thank you for your prompt answer. For me it was a test how reliable a backup with winclone is and so I took the easyest case. It was my Macbook 2017 on which I created the bootcamp partition and where I made the restoring of the winclone backup. And this failed, not a good sign for the software when even the easyest case does not work.

try Make UEFI Bootable from the Winclone menu
https://twocanoes.com/knowledge-base/makeefibootable-winclone-8/

Thank you for your help with this link, but in the meantime I found a workaround to be successful with my test. I made the restoring without update of the BCD. That let Winclone freeze short before completion so that I have to kill the program, but the restored Bootcamp partition could be booted. Again not a good sign for this software.

I use command line version to install Windows a lot of times
sudo /Applications/Winclone.app/Contents/Resources/winclone
and it works perfectly from Windows 7 x64 to Windows 11
I never had any problems

That sounds promising, I will try
Thank you

this way
sudo ln -sf /Volumes/*/sources/install.wim /Applications/Winclone.app/Contents/Resources/Windows.wim
sudo /Applications/Winclone.app/Contents/Resources/winclone -y -e -p /dev/diskXsY -i N

diskXsY fat32 partition to install
N Windows Edition index
e EFI boot Mode
l legacy MBR mode
sudo /Applications/Winclone.app/Contents/Resources/winclone -h for more HELP

/Applications/Winclone.app/Contents/Resources/tools/bin/wiminfo /Volumes/*/sources/install.wim
to check Windows info
dont forget to attach Windows ISO before doing this