No menu item for Bootcamp volume boot

Good day

When I first installed Boot Runner, it just worked – there was a menu item for windows and I was pleased, so I bought the full version. Some time ago, after a reboot, I noticed that there was no option to boot into my Bootcamp Windows installation, and I chalked it up to some cleverness with the partition being in use for a suspended VMware Fusion vm. However, after shutting down the vm and rebooting, the option was still missing.

I can boot via the Bootcamp menu (holding down the “option” key at boot time) – but the whole reason I bought Boot Runner is that I got tired of trying to time it “just right” at boot time to get the Boot Camp menu.

As I said, it “just worked” before, with no configuration from myself – though I did change the background image at some point and that was working fine too – but now, even if I manually configure the disk partition (as identified by Disk Utility), I don’t get the option to boot into windows. Indeed, at my last reboot, the option popped in for a little less than a second, then disappeared. A screenshot of my current config can be found here: https://prnt.sc/i0an0i

Try redownloading and installing Boot Runner again. The most recent version fixed some issues with recognizing Windows.

tim

Thanks for getting back to me.

I already have version 2.5.5 installed. It’s probably related, but I see that Bootcamp Assistant also doesn’t recognise my Windows partition – but holding down “option” at boot does allow me to boot natively into Windows. Please advise if I can provide any more information.

Does it should up in Disk Utility? Can you send a screen shot Disk Utility?

tim

Hi

Yeah, it does show up in Disk Utility:

And, as I say, I can boot to it from the original bootcamp menu (holding down “option” at boot time)

If you click on mount, does it mount the boot camp partition?

tim

I’ll give it a try a little later - but I’m assuming it will since I’m currently running it as a VMWare guest. In fact, the first time I saw no entry, I assumed it was because boot runner had determined that the volume was in use (suspended vm), so I didn’t think much of it, until I wanted to boot natively, so I shut down the vm, rebooted and got the current behavior.

I have seen, once or twice, the menu entry appear, they quickly disappear, before I can interact with it!