Restore error / could not copy BCD

Hi , i tried several times to clone my perfectly working windows 8.1 partition in my sierra mac pro 5.1 to a msdos formatted hard disk in one of it s drive bays using winclone 7 latest version. Using clone volume to volume.

Sadly i get a restore error: “ could not copy BCD to windows partition This version of Windows may not support legacy booting.
After checking the just finished clone is not recognised.

I also tried create image to volume. Then i get : cloning error there was an error while imaging. Please check the volume and try again. status 72

I suppose windows 8.1 is supported in winclone 7?

Am i overlooking something?

My mac pro drive bays and optical bays all contain hard drives. I tried again after ejecting all unused hard drives. But that did not solve the issue.

Hope someone at twocanoes can help me out.

Thanks

After partitioning the the target drive with a mac and a MSdos partition Tried to clone the volume to the MSdos partition. Still an error… " Could not copy BCD to Windows partition. This version of Windows may not support legacy booting"
Do you have any other suggestion>

thnx in advance

Please try saving the image and then restoring it to the new partition.

tim

Thnx tim , that solved the issue.:blush: takesquite a long time for winclone to clone from image but i have my clone. Very happy. Have a nice day.

1 Like