Restored Windows 7 boot to black screen

Experienced a serious problem when migrating my 2013 iMac to a new iMac. The 2013 target computer froze when using the Migration Assistant. This also hosed up my Window 7 Bootcamp portion on the older 2013 iMac. I tried to restore it using my Winclone backup. I did this with a erased with a MS-DOS (FAT 32) and Winclone restore completed.

The 2013 iMac tries to boots in windows. I after a start time the computer chimes and the screen stays dark.

Do you have any suggestions?

FYI , I did upgrade and install Winclone 8 on my new 2020 iMac
Best Regards,
Keith

Do you have any idea if the Windows is booted? You may want to try booting it to Safe Mode in windows.

tim

The computer is not completing a reboot. I get a blue screen and then a black screen. I restarted the Mac in recovery mode and ran first aid in the disc utility. I also reinstalled the Mac System software (High Sierra). I have a fusion drive with 128 GB ram. I suspect that the Ram drive changed when my computer crashed and was restored. This might the reason my Winclone restore file does not bootup. I have decided to bite the bullet and redo the Bootcamp partition with Windows 10 64 bit. Apple’s support for Windows 7 is gone. Thanks for responding. Keith

1 Like