Sharing Source Files?

I’ve got two similar configurations for our desktops and laptops.

There are slight differences between them (laptops have a remote access software installed so I can support people outside the office and the icon for this lives in the dock)

Can I create two separate Packages & Apps folders and use alias files to “share” the contents between the configurations and add the laptop unique items to the laptop folder?

I’d have a slightly different profile for the laptop, so that would be in its own folder.

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jon

Not currently, but I like the idea!

Tim,

Just wanted to add some clarifying thoughts to the feature suggestion.

Add a second (optional) set of folders for the shared contents. So, you would have, for example, Packages & Apps and Packages & Apps (Shared).

I don’t know if you want to shoehorn this into the Resources tab or create a new Shared Resources tab with the same folder choices.

I think this would be cleaner than my initial idea of using alias files for the sharing since, to update a file, I only have to do it in the shared folder, not multiple places.

I can see where some workflows might only have a shared Apps & Pkgs folder and the Profiles & Scripts are unique, so that’s another bit of info that may help with implementation.

Cheers,
Jon

Edited to add last paragraph.

1 Like

Thanks. Filed this issue:

feel free to add additional issues (or to watch this one).