Unable to verify startup

I have a boot camp partition which is running on a Mac mini (Late 2012 with macOS Mojave 10.14.6 I am using Winclone V 8.0.1

Here are the steps I have used to attempt to migrate the Windows 10 boot camp partition - based on the Winclone user guide.

1. Run Chkdsk on the source windows 10 system
  2. Run “Create Image from Volume”
  3. Used OSX migration tool to migrate the OSX operating system.
  4. With Disk Utility create a partition “Windows”
  5. From the New Mac mini (2018) with same Mojave 10.14.6 run Winclone “Restore Image” using as source the file created in step 2 above and the “Windows” partition created in step 4 above.
  6. Attempt to boot “Windows” partition…get

On the boot I “Unable to verify Startup disk”

Any help offered would be greatly appreciated. I’ve spent hours trying to find a solution to this problem.

This sounds like there is an issue with Secure Boot. Try disabling Secure Boot and see if the issue persists.

tim

Trying to implement the solution you have proposed. I have deactivated my license on the source computer and now trying activate the license on the target computer and get activation error on my license.

Currently the license is not active on any machine.
Thanks for your help with this.

OK…So managed to get the license issue resolved on my own.

System boot briefly but has a windows recovery issue when booting. Does this therefore mean that the image created does not work and somehow needs to be recreated ?

Thanks

Did it blue screen? What was the error message?

tim

The system won’t boot and says to use Microsoft recovery for original install media. I remember having to extend the boot camp partition at one time because the windows system was starting to run out of space. If it help I can send you a screen shot of the disk layout with disk utility? I am wondering if that might be factor in the error I am getting.

Let me know if sending you a screenshot would be helpful.

Thank you for your help so far.

Cell: (613) 612-8724
Email: rlefort@foursightconsulting.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

Ray

Raymond Lefort

(Attachment PastedGraphic-1.tiff is missing)

A screenshot would definitely help.

tim

I’m going to try to re-install everything and take a new copy of the bootcamp partition. I’ll send you the results in a couple of days.

Thanks for your help with this.

Cell: (613) 612-8724
Email: rlefort@foursightconsulting.com

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this e-mail and destroy any copies. Any dissemination or use of this information by a person other than the intended recipient is unauthorized and may be illegal.

Ray

Raymond Lefort

(Attachment PastedGraphic-1.tiff is missing)

1 Like

Ok….so I’ve finally been able to get some time to go back to this. I’ve created a new Winclone image after performing a chkdsk on the boot camp partition. On the new MAC mini I’ve created a disk partition with is larger than the “original” source partition. I’ve ensure the the secure boot feature is disabled. When I attempt to restore I get a “Mount Resolution Error”. I’ve tried to search the knowledge base to see what the message might indicate but no luck.

Any thoughts on what might be the issue?

Thanks for your help

Ray

The mount resolution error is usually related to either formatting NTFS in Windows or using block copy with Macs that have different physical block sizes.