Volume to volume transfer from internal to external SSD. Won't start past windows logo

I’m having an issue where after I do a volume to volume transfer to an external hardrive and I go to boot into windows from that external hardrive It only loads to the windows logo with the spinning dots or loads a blank blue screen before restarting. I’ve tried alot of solutions on the forum but I haven’t had any different rests than described above.

Did you try creating an image and then restoring it? Others have report success using that method.

tim

I did. And it had the same results. When I select the drive to boot from it shows the windows logo and the loading dots and then eventually restarts itself.

The new SSD needs to be configured in the existing copy before duping.
You might try running sysprep before cloning.

I tried to run sysprep in my bootcamp partition and I am getting the following failures that it failed to validate and says to check this file which I cannot seem to find.%WINDIE%\system32\Sysprep\Panther\setupact.log

I did. And it had the same results. When I select the drive to boot from it shows the windows logo and the loading dots and then eventually restarts itself.

So an update,

I cannot run sysprep in the bootcamp partition without it failing.

I can’t seem to inject any drivers for the ssd either.

I caved and decided to load a fresh version of windows onto the ssd and it doesn’t seem to register all the hardware specifically the wifi card as if the drivers for that were unable to load as well. Tried to inject the drivers in Mac os and it failed showing a similar failure prompt. That it couldn’t mount/read write and that hibernation in windows needs to be turned off.

Cant seem to get any of the winclone tools to work fully Help would be much appreciated.

FYI:

I’m running an 2019 5k imac 27in

You can always load drivers using the prior method here:

tim

1 Like