WIM-based restore failed integrity check. Please check disk and try again, try block-based cloning, or save image then restore

Hi, I have been getting this message WIM-based restore failed integrity check. Please check disk and try again, try block-based cloning, or save image then restore..
Winclone 9
MacOS Big Sur
External Nvme M.2 drive USB-C
I just formatted the drive, so its the same. Have been using Winclone for several years with no issue.
Tryed also creating image to Mac’s drive to restore from there and got the same message. I used Block-Based imaging but got the message also.
Got any insight to solve this?

Is it possible to create a new image? it sounds like the clone did not get created correctly or was somehow corrupted.

tim

We discussed the issue before, a fix is still missing.
I can reliably reproduce this by simply installing WSL2 and Kali Linux.

I want Winclone to stop checking and to start blindly dumping the data back to disk that was saved.
In particular, it is INTOLERABLE that a disk and backup set that was checked and passed during BACKUP then suddenly fails during RESTORE.

Any and all checks have to authoritatively been made during backup, restore must be able to fly blind (aside from basic checks like disk capacity, which never should be an issue if the restore target is the same partition that was previously backed up).

WinClone has essentially be unusable for months, and consequently so Win10 on my boot camp partition.

Worse, any discussion of the matter is cut off by the inability to post more than two replies to any given thread, which creates the false impression that the matter was resolved because the discussion dies off.

Cant create new image. So all the backup dates are corrupted! Any solution for this?