Hello there, whenever I try to create a backup Winclone just creates a small file with a size of bout 650kb.
I am running OSX 10.11.6 and my bootcamp partition is formated as NTSF with Windows 7 on it.
How can this be fixed, how can I create a backup file of my bootcamp partition?
Can you give a bit more information? For instance:
- Type of Mac for both the source and the destination if they are different. You can find the Mac type under the Apple Menu->About this Mac under.
- What version of Winclone you are using.
- What version of Windows you are using.
- Are you migrating to an external drive? If so, what is the type of drive and how are you connecting it? (USB, Firewire, etc).
- Does the Windows volume mount on the Mac desktop?
- Does the Windows volume appear in Disk Utility (located in the Utilities folder)?
- Did you try the troubleshooting at https://support.twocanoes.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003306566-Troubleshooting-Windows-Booting-after-Winclone-image-restore?
Hello there, thanks for your support here.
- Mac mini 2012 (late 2012)
- Version 6.2.2
- Windows 7 64 Bit
- External USB3 drive. But I tried to migrate on my internal HDD too, same negativ result.
- Yes it does. But as soon the Winclone backup starts the Bootcamp partition vanishes
- It does.
- The KB unfortunately does not help me in my case.
Please compress and send the log to firstname.lastname@example.org:
log show --style syslog --predicate ‘process contains[cd] “winclone”’ --info --last 2d
(you can adjust the argument of “2d” from 2 days to other time periods that you want the log, like “10m” for the last 10 minutes or 3h for the last 3 hours).