Winclone 6 wants me to upgrade

I bought Winclone 6 Basic because the page claims it has all the basic functions you need to image and restore a bootcamp partition. So, I created the bootcamp image. Now I really need to fully restore it. So I open Winclone 6 and select the Winclone image I want to restore. Then I go to select the destination and bang - Winclone says I have to upgrade. Is it true that Winclone 6 Basic does not restore, or am I doing something wrong? Please help.

Perhaps the problem lays in how I lost the original bootcamp partition. My original SSD was just 128GB. I bought a Transcend 240GB SSD to improve my storage space. I used Winclone to clone the bootcamp partition. I used another cloning App to clone and transfer the Mac HD partition. That transfer worked well except that I could not transfer the recovery partition.

After a bit of work, I was able to create an empty bootcamp partition. I attempted to restore the Winclone bootcamp image using Winclone 6. It actually appeared to start, but then encountered an error due to a MAC OS X boot record protection program. In order to override this protection, I was required to boot into the Mac recovery partition, launch the terminal and execute CSRutiility disable command.

This requires creating a Mac recovery partition. So, I had to download a MAC OS X installer package, and use a custom script to create it. Done. Now I was able to boot into the Mac recovery partition and execute the CSRUtility Disable command. Done. Now I should be able to restore the Winclone image to the bootcamp partition - right?

I open Winclone 6, the winclone image is there. The bootcamp partition is in the destination window. So, I select the winclone image. Then, I click the bootcamp partition to specify it as the destination and immediately Winclone 6 tells me “Feature not available in this edition. Feature not available in this edition. Would you like to UPGRADE Now?”

So, either I was mistaken I my belief that Winclone 6 Basic supports restoring the bootcamp partition. Or, my process of upgrading the SSD is not a true “restore” but perhaps “creating.” Either way, I need some help to understand and complete this process.

Thanks, Jeff
jmikalson@yahoo.com

If winclone sees other drives that macOS shows as internal, it would give this error message. Try unplugging any external drives that have MS-DOS or NTFS partitions.

tim