Winclone 7.3 kills license

After update from Winclone 7.2.1 to Winclone 7.3 on two Macs (one with MacOS 10.13.6, one with 10.14.1) the license is killed. I. e. in Preferences the Licensing part is empty and when I want to create an Image Winclone asks me to purchase a license.
I copied the old version 7.2.1 from my back-up and everything works again. To be sure I tried the update to 7.3 once more. And again the license is gone.
So I am back to 7.2.1.

I tried your license key and, after increasing your number of activations, it successfully activated. Can you try again?

tim

I have the same issue. Would you check for me please. 7.3 will not accept activation. Going back to 7.01 works fine.

Thank you, Tim!
Yes, I could activate the license again on my Macs.
However, I think it is not a good idea to have to re-activate the license after an update. Until and including Winclone 7.2.1 the license information was transferred automatically. I hope that this is not the new feature " Offline license validation" announced for 7.3.

Glad it got activated. We are investigating the issue, and did full testing on the new licensing prior to release. I thought it was related to number of activations remaining, but we just had a report where that was not the case.

Offline activation is different, and unrelated to this issue. It definitely should just work, and we are trying to figure out what that is not happening for some folks.

Again, thanks for your patience.

tim

Hi Tim,
Any progress on this loss of licence with the 7.3 update issue please?

We have not narrowed it down. Most of the issues are related to people using Winclone 6 or have licenses that exceeded the license activation count. I noticed that the license associated with your email was at the limit, so I bumped it up. Please try again and see if it works.

tim

Thank you for investigating this. I still receive the same error. “The license key could not be used to activate Winclone. Please verify network connectivity and that you have not exceeded your total number of activations.”
As far as I know, I have 0 copies of 7.3 working. What is the limit?
7.01 runs with its registration just fine but I am reluctant to use it in MacOS Mojave.
Regards
Glynn
Got it, thanks Tim. I had 7.01 activated and the licence had not transferred. It should really just update, transferring the licence shouldn’t it?

I checked your account and shows 2 activation remaining. Can you verify that you can reached the server https://v3.paddleapi.com ? Try deactivating then activating again.

tim

Hi Tim,

although I have no idea why I should do that (everything was fine with my installation at the moment, the critical point will be the next update): Yes I can reach the server (it shows a blank page) and I deactivated, quit Winclone and activated my two licenses again.

Or did you intend to address Glynn on the forum as he still reported problems.

Ragards,

Gabi

Hey Tim,

I am having this same issue

Does disabling and entering in the license key resolve it?

tim

Disabling all licenses worked

Thank You

Hi !
I can not use my licence key for winclone standard 7. It says : The license key could not be used to activate Winclone. Please verify network connectivity and that you have not exceeded your total number of activations.

I 've just purchased my licence !

help please

It looks like you purchased Winclone 6 yesterday and Winclone 7 today, so was probably related to the license key matching the correct version and edition. Is it working now?

Hi,

Thanks for your feeback.

I need 2 licences of Winclone 7 ! Th 6 is just a mistake, and when I purchased it, I just thought that it was a 7. Moreover, in my profile, I can see 2 licences of 7 as you can see below :

image.png

Can you change my first licence key to work with 7 ?

Thanks a lot.

Vincent.

I think it is all fixed now.

tim

Hi. You can count me as another user for whom v. 7.3 broke my License activation. Upgrading from 7.2.1 to 7.3 resulted in my software losing its activated status. Had to downgrade to 7.2.1 to resolve the issue.

Would appreciate if could let me know once the issue has been resolved so I can try upgrading to 7.3 again.

Hi.
I just purchased a v7 license today, and downloaded the installer. I tried to enter the license details but I get the error “The license key could not be used to activate Winclone. Please verify network connectivity and that you have not exceeded your total number of activations.”
This is the only time I have tried to activate a v7 license (I had Basic previously).
Help!