Winclone 8.2 page_fault_in_nonpaged_area at startup

Hello, I’ve been trying to port my Windows 10 operating system from my 2011 Lenovo laptop to my 2015 Macbook Pro; however upon boot into Windows, it blue screens with a PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA error, and then restarts back to macOS.

Here’s what I’ve done so far:

1. I scanned my Lenovo hard drive using chkdsk, and it found no bad sectors.
  2. I used sysprep (generalized) which I had shutdown after successful completion.
  3. I removed the hard drive from the Lenovo laptop, and inserted it into a USB hard drive enclosure.
  4. I then plugged that USB HDD enclosure into my MacBook. Size of the hard drive data is 82.75GB.
  5. I used WinClone 8.2 to save the Lenovo HDD as a winclone system image file on my Macbook, which succeeded. Size is 40.65GB for some reason.
  6. From there, I made a BOOTCAMP partition through apple’s Disk Utility program, and formatted it as MS-DOS (FAT), which also succeeded. Size of partition is 125.39GB.
  7. I restored the winclone system image file to the new BOOTCAMP partition, which also completed successfully.
  8. I was then prompted to inject the Apple SSD driver from the Windows Support Software file, which I did successfully.
  9. I then restarted my Macbook to start up in windows. Windows loaded for a few seconds, and then immediately blue-screened with the error “PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA”.
  10. I then re-restored the winclone system image file to the BOOTCAMP partition again (again successful), but this time ignored the Apple SSD injection prompt.
  11. Finally I then restarted my mac, booted up windows, and the same error popped up a few seconds later.

I’ve looked through your website for answers to no avail, and feel very stuck right now. Is there a way around this?

Thanks,
Mario

Is it possible that Windows was 32 bit on the Lenovo?

tim

Hi Tim

No, it’s 64-bit.