I just wanted to know how I can restore a Windows 7 image on this specific hardware/software:
MacBook Pro Mid-2014 15"
OWC Aura Pro X2 2TB SSD
I first cloned my Windows partition on the original Apple SSD, then I made a partition on the OWC SSD using Disk Utility and restored the image using Winclone 8 onto it. However, when I try to boot into it all I see is an “EFI” disk and not “BOOTCAMP” like I did on the original Apple SSD. If I select that volume the computer will just restart itself and if I don’t hold down Option then it will boot into Catalina normally. I even tried the “Make EFI bootable” function with Winclone 8 and nothing changed as far as my results when trying to boot into Windows.
Note: I did not reinstall Win7 on the new partition as I am under the impression that Winclone does it from the image?
My questions are:
- Does the Aura SSD just not support Win7?
- Do I need to make the partition using Boot Camp Assistant or does the Disk Utility method good enough?
- If the answer to the above is yes, is the fact that the assistant only does Win10 an issue?
- If I don’t need to do either of the above, how do I boot from my restored partition?
- I have not tried changing the partition into “Make Legacy bootable” yet, would that be a solution?